Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Hardest Thing First

Currently working my way through the MinCamp at MinimalistParenting.com.

Clearly I'm not doing so well with the whole "stick to doing this every day" routine.  But I have a baby and that's my excuse.  Day #2 instructed me to "Do the hardest thing first".  At first I wasn't sure if they meant the hardest thing on my personal "to do" list or the hardest thing on the "more/less" list.  I'm still not sure, but we're going to go with my "to do" list.

I use Wunderlist to help me stay slightly more organized.  David and I share certain lists.  My personal favorite is the "Honey Do" list because it allows me to add stuff to it without feeling like a massive nag.  Anyway, a quick assessment of my own list revealed that even though I cleverly titled my to-do list "Today", there are several things that keep rolling over day after day.

Like cleaning my room.

Because who the hell wants to clean their room?  (Don't tell my kids I said that.)

So I'm going to make a new list called "Crap I should do because I'm a real grown up but don't want to do and don't have to do because I am a real grown up."  Maybe I'll just shorted it to "Crap".

Seriously, though.  I should clean my room.

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment