Friday, March 15, 2013

A Bag o' Stuff


Day #5 requires I donate a bag 'o crap stuff.  Maybe I can tweak that a little and make arrangements to drop off the baby items Connell has outgrown to a friend who is expecting.

Outgrown.

Yeah... I'm going back to bed so I don't have to think about that.  I'll attempt to wrap my head around it when the sun comes up.

(....5 hours and no coffee later....)


So that happened.

The builders who threw this house together did a lousy job.  They installed the dining room door wrong, which resulted in a leak.  The leak resulted in the floor being buggered all to hell rotting away.  Then someone tried to fix it with drywall screws, rendering the door only slightly more useful than a sieve.

Our little "let's get a new kitchen floor plan" turned into "let's take out a wall AND do the kitchen floor" turned into "let's replace the sliding glass door AND take out a wall AND replace the kitchen floor."  

We'll live.  In the meantime, I found a very cool store down the road called Refindings .  I LOVE it and will probably visit at least once a month just to wander and enjoy.  I also saw these two nifty things:

Message board made from an old window frame with the glass removed ($25)

Puppet theater made from an old door and 4 wooden L brackets.  ($135)

I don't know that I'll ever make the puppet theater.  It's slightly more involved than I'm probably capable of and I don't know if I really have room for it.  The message board, however... that I can handle!  I would go with classic black and I might use an 8 panel window and add 2 cork boards to it.  Definitely something to think about!  We're going to a country auction tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out for a window.  Or maybe I'll just go shopping in my brother or father's barn.  We shall see.

In the meantime, I have a bag of crap stuff to gather up.  Right after sleeping beauty here wakes up....



No comments:

Post a Comment