|Jillian's Dalek pumpkin 2012|
As much as I love teenage trick or treaters, I do have a few humble requests:
- Ladies, please respect yourselves. Your body is not your costume and shouldn't be on display for the world. Further more, respect everyone else and don't make us uncomfortable as you pour out of your costume.
- Use your manners, folks. I am "that mom". I will insist on hearing a nice, hearty "Trick or Treat!" before I dole out the candy and if you don't say thank you, I will merrily call, "Oh! You must have forgotten your manners! You're very welcome." as you slink down my driveway.
- Remember this is really a holiday for little kids and please don't push, bully, or harass them. Even in our nice suburban neighborhood, I've seen a little too much rough stuff and it bothers me.
- Put a little effort into it. Be creative, think about your costume. Heck, even if you bloody up your old soccer uniform and become a zombie goalie, I'll take it!
- And just be nice! Enjoy the holiday, get into the spirit, and be a decent human being.