Friday, September 6, 2013

What to do with a Wonderful One Year Old (The Sticky Gooey Art Edition)

Connell and I went to the weekly sing along at a local store called Growing Up Green.  Very cute store and he enjoyed the songs.  While I was there, I found hand made finger paints for $6.  Honestly, this had been on my agenda for this week, but clearly I hadn't had time to get around to making it.  At some point, I'm going to try the Jell-O recipe I found on Pinterest.  So decided to give it a try.  (The recipe seems to be based on one found here.)


 


After covering the high chair with an old towel, I cut a piece of finger paint paper in half and let him give it a try.  Connell was fascinated by the texture and colors.  He kept signing "more" (but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of that.)  The paint smelled fantastic.  The cotton candy oil left me thinking a trip to the penny candy store might be a good adventure for next week.  




Everything cleaned up nicely, too!

The colors didn't dry as brightly as I had hoped, but we'll experiment with different types of paper and hope for different results.


All told, it was worth the 5 minutes of clean up and a quick bath to watch him explore colors, texture, and get over his anti-mess phase a little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment