Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What to do with a Wonderful One Year Old (The Hodge Podge edition)

I've been trying to embrace the busy-ness of fall and find as many moments as possible to enjoy my favorite season through the eyes of a one year old.  The first thing we've been doing is focusing on autumn sign language.  We have focused on pumpkin and spider so far, with witch, ghost, and several other words tucked away for later in the season.  If I'm clever, I'll get some pictures of Connell signing.

In the meantime, we made this fun, simple craft.  I had all of the paper supplies left over from a project we did with the big kids several years ago.  I simply tore up bits of paper and had him "stick" the shreds to a swirl of glue I focused on the middle of the solid orange paper.  He learned to say "Tick, Momma!  Tick!" over and over again.

When it was dry, I traced a template and cut out the pumpkin, attached it to the background, and viola!  Autumn craft appropriate for a one year old.



Earlier in the week we did a bit of water colors.  He's slowly learning not to put everything in his mouth, so it's getting easier to do things like this.  He enjoyed it and the My First Watercolors by Crayola.  (Yeah, yeah, yeah.  It's 3+ on the package.  Worst mother ever.)


And of course, fall wouldn't be fall without a trip to the pumpkin farm!  Luckily we can avoid the weekend crowd and we had the whole pumpkin patch to ourselves.  

Can you tell how much the weather changes in Central Pennsylvania?  He was in a sleeveless romper earlier in the week and longs sleeves and a jacket later in the week.  Constantly changing!




No comments:

Post a Comment