Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Day Fun!

It's been a while since I've had the time and energy to be creative.  I always want to be more creative and artistic than I really am, so I do my best to fake it.  Here's my most recent attempt at faking it:


I gathered up supplies and kind of devised a plan as I went.  I started with painter's tape and card stock... and a semi-willing 5 month old.  I made a template and attached it to the background paper.


I thought using only one color would look a little monotonous, so I added purple.


Pudgy baby fingers!


By the time I was happy with it, I had also added pink and burgundy.  The painter's tape did a fairly good job of coming off, but if I do this again I will look for a different way of securing the papers together.

I re-used frames and bought a red mat for $4... and viola!  Baby art!


I applied the same technique and made Valentine's to send to Connell's Godparents. This time I used his toe, which was quite a bit easier!






No comments:

Post a Comment